Sinocure Chemical Group Co.,Ltd.

The six most commonly used but most poisonous chemical reagents


Acrylamide is a moderately toxic substance that can be absorbed through the skin and enter the human body through the respiratory tract. Therefore, you must wear protective equipment such as protective clothing, protective masks and protective gloves during handling and use. The main hazard of acrylamide is neurotoxicity, as well as reproductive and developmental toxicity. Neurotoxicity is manifested as degenerative changes in peripheral nerves and degenerative changes in the brain involved in learning, memory and other cognitive functions. Tests also show that acrylamide is a possible carcinogen. Epidemiological observations of occupationally exposed people show that, Long-term low-dose exposure to acrylamide can cause symptoms such as drowsiness, mood and memory changes, hallucinations and tremors, as well as peripheral neuropathy such as glove-like sensations, sweating, and muscle weakness. Accumulate toxicity, not easy to detox.

Those who possess any of the following can be listed as observation objects for chronic acrylamide poisoning.

a. The local skin exposed to acrylamide has hyperhidrosis, clammy, peeling, and erythema;

b. Symptoms such as numbness, tingling, lower limb weakness, lethargy, etc.;

c. Neuro-EMG shows suspicious neurogenic damage.

  1. NN-methylene bisacrylamide:

Toxic, affect the central nervous system, do not inhale the powder.


Chloroform (CHCl3): It is irritating to skin, eyes, mucous membrane and respiratory tract. It is a carcinogen that can damage the liver and kidneys. It is also volatile, avoid inhaling volatile gases. Wear suitable gloves and safety glasses and always perform operations in a chemical fume hood.

Formaldehyde (HCOH)

Formaldehyde (HCOH): It is very toxic and volatile. It is also a carcinogen. It is easily absorbed through the skin, irritating and damaging the eyes, mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. Avoid inhaling volatilized vapor. Wear suitable gloves and safety glasses. Always operate in a chemical fume hood. Keep away from heat, sparks and open flames.

Sodium Azide

Sodium azide (NaN3): Very toxic. It blocks the cytochrome electron transport system. The solution containing sodium azide should be clearly marked. It can damage health due to inhalation, swallowing or skin absorption. Wear suitable gloves and safety goggles, and be extremely careful during operation. Be more careful when taking it, never use a metal key to take it!!

Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate (SDS)

Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate (SDS): Toxic, an irritant, and cause serious damage to the eyes. It can damage health due to inhalation, swallowing or skin absorption. Wear suitable gloves and safety goggles. Do not inhale the powder.

Trichloroacetic acid (TCA)

Trichloroacetic acid (TCA): It is very corrosive. Wear suitable gloves and safety goggles.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *